The 2019 SBA Maryland Small Business Week Award Winners are helping to shape their communities and the state of Maryland. They are recognized for their outstanding achievements and encouragement to “Dream Big and Start Small.”
Small Business Persons of the Year, Champion Awards and special award winners are selected at the state level. Nomination packages for each state Small Business Person award winner is sent to regional SBA offices and prepared for transmittal to the SBA Office of Advisory Councils for review. Afterward, the National Small Business Person of the Year is selected by the SBA Administrator, based on the recommendation of the SBA’s Small Business Week panel of judges.
The 2019 Women in Business Champion is Shana Cosgrove, NYLA Technology Solutions, nominated by, Key W Corporation.
- Founded NYLA Technologies in 2013
- Specializes in software engineering in a cloud-based architecture and data science
- Amplified her marketability by seeking SBA’s Historically Underutilized Business Zone and Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Business certifications
- In less than five years, NYLA was awarded three prime and eleven subcontracts and now employs 25 full-time
- Recognized by the industry as an outstanding communicator and frequently requested speaker
- Is a board member of the Downtown Baltimore Family Alliance and hosted NYLA’s first annual charity chili cook-off last year raising over $6,000 for the K9 for Warriors program